* There is a good principle which created order, light, and man, and an evil principle which created chaos, darkness, and woman.
* As Sophocles wrote: “Silence is an adornment to women”; Euripides asserted: “Silence and discression are most beautiful in women and remaining quiet within the house”. Aristotle declared: “Silence gives grace to women”. Homer wrote: “Speech shall be for men”. Euripides wrote: “Women, specious curse to man”. Aeschylus wrote: “Evil of mind are they, and guileful of purpose, with impure hearts”. Aristophanes wrote: “For women are a shameless set, the vilest of creatures going”. Homer wrote: “One cannot trust women!”
* Aristotle believed that the biological norm was the male and that the female was a defective version of the male.
Verdade, verdade, extracto do texto acima:
REMOVING THE VEIL
Christianity also pioneered other freedoms for women including the removal of the veil. Women at the time of Christ were veiled by the Assyrians, Babylonians, Chinese, Egyptians, Greeks, Hebrews, Romans and Samarians. There were cases of Romans divorcing their wives for leaving the house unveiled. Greek women were required to wear a veil after marriage. Even among the Hebrews, the rabbi’s taught that it is a “godless man who sees his wife go out with her head uncovered. He is duty bound to divorce her” (Kethuboth 2). However, the lack of any specific reference in the Gospels, or anywhere in the New Testament, to women having to veil their face, led the Church to increasingly discontinue the practice. While Paul in 1 Corinthians 11 urged the women in Corinth to cover their heads in church, he made no reference to veiling their faces. And in 1 Timothy 2:8-9 where Paul tells the woman to dress modestly, and not to braid their hair, he makes no mention of any veil. So worldwide Christianity has led the trend to disperse with the veil.
E mais outro extracto, verdade, verdade:
SAVING WIDOWS FROM SUTTEE
Before the coming of Christ, widows were ostracised, despised and frequently buried or burned alive at their husband’s death. For countless centuries India’s cultural custom of suttee (or sati), the burning alive of widows, was an integral part of Hindu culture. By God’s grace, as a result of the tireless efforts of Christian missionary William Carey, the British authorities in 1829 outlawed the practice of suttee. When this ban went into effect, many Indians “cried that the foundations of Hindu society would be shaken if widows were not burned alive.” (India – A Short Cultural History). Others argued that the British ban on suttee violated Article 25 of India’s constitution that gave people freedom of religion (Sati, Widow Burning in India).
This legal ban on suttee (known as Carey’s Edict) is still in effect today, although since the 1990’s there have been numerous attempts to revive the custom with open glorification of suttee widow burning and instances of teenage widows being cremated on their husband’s funeral pyres. Dr. Schmidt notes: “In light of the current, almost worldwide promotion of multi-culturalism, which argues that all cultures and religious are essentially equal, the desire and efforts to bring back India’s pagan custom of suttee may gain momentum in the future.” (Under the Influence).
History records that, before the coming of Christianity, widows were burned by American Indian tribes, by the Maori in New Zealand, by the Chinese, the Finns and the Scandinavians.
Nota: eu não sei dos casos em que as tribos americanas queimavam as viúvas, mas sei que as condenavam à morte passivamente, isto é a mulher era simplesmente obrigada a saír da tribo, da tenda, e morrer – à fome, ao frio, fosse como fosse, no abandono total.
(Meu Deus, mas é ao continuar a ler essa site que se percebe porquê que aí, tanta verdade está a ser dita: tem uma agenda! E essa agenda, é servir a mentira! Incrível. (Isto fica aqui apenas como nota muito pessoal. Ninguém estará aqui a ler isto e a compreender o que quero dizer, provavelmente). Além disso, esta agenda não tem primariamente a ver com misoginia. Portanto, a falar disto, será noutro local.Que nem sei bem aonde. Religião? Política? Uma coisa destas dá razão a todas as pessoas que tanto odeiam toda a religião, mesmo a verdadeira).
* A thousand years after Aristotle’s death, the very influential Christian theologian Thomas Aquinas adopted Aristotle’s theory. He wrote: ‘As regards the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex; while the production of women comes from a defect in the active force or from some material indisposition, or even from some external influence.” (Summa Theologica IV, QXCII art 1,2)
* Petrarch wrote: “Woman is a real devil, an enemy of the peace, a source of provocation.”
Woman, thou art the gate of Hell – thou ought always to be dressed in mourning and in rag, thine eyes filled with tears of repentance to make men forget that thou art the destroyer of the race.
“Do you not know you are each an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the devil’s gateway: you are the unsealer of that forbidden tree: you are the first deserter of the divine law: you are she who persuaded him whom the devil was not valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God’s image, man. On account of your desert – that is death – even the Son of God had to die And do you think of adorning yourself over and above your tunics of skins.” (On Female Dress 1i)
* He believed women should dress so as to hide their charms so men like him would not be tempted into sex. “even the grace and beauty you naturally enjoy must be obliterated by concealment and negligence…. it is to be feared, beause of the injury and violence it inflicts on the men who admire you.”
* “Each of you women is an Eve . . . You are the gate of Hel” – Tertullian
* Pope Innocent VIII issued an astonishing Bull, or official statement, in 1448 called ‘Summa Desiderantes’ in which he blamed on women the supposed increasing impotence among German men. He said some women had abandoned themselves to devils, become witches that could use magic to make men impotent. Many men loved this theory because it meant they never needed to acknowledge any woman as more talented or spiritually powerful than they. If they did feel a woman was superior, she must be literally bewitching them.
This justified and helped start a program against strong women that was to last over 200 years. Women were forced into accepting an inferior status to men – and it got worse. Men killed and tortured by the hundred the women they most feared.
* A guideline laid down in the Catholic Church for this persecution was again justified by mock science: ‘there was a defect in the formation of the first woman, since she was formed from a bent rib, that is a rib of the breast, which is bent as it were in the contrary direction to a man. And since through this defect she is an imperfect animal, she always deceives…. All witchcraft comes from carnel lust which in women is insatiable” This quotation is from a book that went through 19 editions, was written by a Catholic priest under authority from the Pope and was a principle text for the Inquisition. (Malleus Maleficarum)
* The right-wing women’s groups have a point, women must be proud to be women. But I do not see this as entailing that women will go back into the home, be wives servicing husbands. The proud woman must be canny. Together with other women she now needs to find her way to reform the very structures of society, the legislature, the armed forces, the churches, business from the top down so that they no longer reflect only traditional male values but rather embody the high female values of nurturing and co-operative action. Adding a few women to male dominated bodies will not do this. Our institutions have been totally shaped by presumptions made during the centuries that males have repressed and used women.
Para eu criticar: IMPORTANTÍSSIMO
Os elementos que se seguem são significativos, e importantes referir, porque assim influenciaram a vida humana, e porque assim foram lidos.
Isso não quer dizer que eu não esteja a par de uma outra leitura d ”a Bíblia”, mas isso é uma outra questão.
There are more than 200 bible verses that specifically belittle and demean women. Here are just a few:
(See Woe To The Women: The Bible Tells Me So for a more comprehensive list)
Genesis 2:22 Woman created from Adam’s rib
3:16 Woman cursed: maternity a sin, marriage a bondage
19:1-8 Rape virgins instead of male angels
Exodus 20:17 Insulting Tenth Commandment, considering a wife to be property
21:7-11 Unfair rules for female servants, may be sex slaves
22:18 “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live”
38:8 Women may not enter tabernacle they must support
Leviticus 12:1-14 Women who have sons are unclean 7 days
12:4-7 Women who have daughters are unclean 14 days
15:19-23 Menstrual periods are unclean
19:20-22 If master has sex with engaged woman, she shall be scourged
Numbers 1:2 Poll of people only includes men
5:13-31 Barbaric adulteress test
31:16-35 “Virgins” listed as war booty
Deuteronomy 21:11-14 Rape manual
22:5 Abomination for women to wear men’s garments, vice-versa
22:13-21 Barbaric virgin test
22:23-24 Woman raped in city, she & her rapist both stoned to death
22:28-29 Woman must marry her rapist
24:1 Men can divorce woman for “uncleanness,” not vice-versa
25:11-12 If woman touches foe’s penis, her hand shall be cut off
Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah’s nameless daughter sacrificed
19:22-29 Concubine sacrificed to rapist crowd to save man
I Kings 11:1-4 King Solomon had 700 wives & 300 concubines
Job 14:1-4 “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one . . .”
Proverbs 7:9-27 Evil women seduce men, send them to hell
11:22 One of numerous Proverbial putdowns
Isaiah 3:16-17 God scourges, rapes haughty women
Ezekiel 16:45 One of numerous obscene denunciations
Matthew 24:19 “[woe] to them that are with child”
Luke 2:22 Mary is unclean after birth of Jesus
I Corinthians 11:3-15 Man is head of woman; only man in God’s image
14:34-35 Women keep in silence, learn only from husbands
Ephesians 5:22-33 “Wives, submit . . .”
Colossians 3:18 More “wives submit”
I Timothy 2:9 Women adorn selves in shamefacedness
2:11-14 Women learn in silence in all subjection; Eve was sinful, Adam blameless
Why should women–and the men who honor women–respect and support religions which preach women’s submission, which make women’s subjugation a cornerstone of their theology?
When attempts are made to base laws on the bible, women must beware. The constitutional principle of separation between church and state is the only sure barrier standing between women and the bible.
For more information about the treatment of women in the bible, read the books Woe to the Women: The Bible Tells Me So by Annie Laurie Gaylor and The Born Again Skeptic’s Guide to the Bible by Ruth Hurmence Green.
Nota sobre o artigo acima: considero que tem elementos válidos, mas isso não implica que eu concorde em tudo. Informação interessante sobre Karl Menninger: …a culpa foi da mãe de Hitler…
Más raízes e a História da Humanidade.
Falar da Misoginia, não é falar da mulher, é falar do ser humano e da sua História.
Quando se trata da terra, é necessário arrancar a raíz de ervas daninhas que tudo dominam…
A Misoginia dominou praticamente todas as diferentes culturas à superfície da Terra.
A ciência ou outro objecto de estudo e compreensão não pode ignorar esta base e fundação, raíz NÃO SÓ da nossa civilização – mas de quase todas as nossas conhecidas, ou existentes hoje.