In its inmost elements, the human form from its creation is a form of love and wisdom. All the human affections of love in a person and so all his perceptions of wisdom are arranged in a most perfect order, so that together they form a harmonious and thus united whole.
– Emanuel Swedenborg
- Williams-Hogan, Jane K. (1988) “Swedenborg: A Biography.” From the book Swedenborg and His Influence, Erland J. Brock, ed., Academy of the New Church. Includes the biography, a chronology of Swedenborg’s life, a selected bibliography, and a list of general reference works. http://www.glencairnmuseum.org/jkwh.html
- New Philosophy, The Magazine. Swedenborg Scientific Association Electronic version of the New Philosophy magazine and useful links.
- Infography about Swedenborg, Emanuel (1688-1772)
Sources recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Emanuel Swedenborg.
- Heavenly Doctrines Academy of the New Church. Full text of Emanuel Swedenborg’s theological works.
- The Swedenborg Society Includes the Society’s Library with research engine, list of Swedenborgian Publishers and catalogue of the Society’s Publications.
- New Search Search the Writings and more
- Swedenborg Digital Library Articles and books about Swedenborg and the New Church, and links to full text of Emanuel Swedenborg’s theological works.
- Sigstedt, Cyriel Sigrid (Ljungberg) Odhner. (1952) The Swedenborg Epic: The Life and Works of Emanuel Swedenborg Swedenborg Digital Library.
- Swedenborg House of Studies Library and Archives http://www.shs.psr.edu/library.html
- Studia Swedenborgiana: INDEX
- Swedenborg Memorial Library at Urbana University Books online, references and information
- The Swedenborg Foundation Publishers
- Swedenborg Project
- New Church Audio (mp3)
- New Church History.org provides an electronic medium for articles and projects related to the life and times of Emanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772), the influence of Swedenborg’s theological works worldwide, and the history of the New Church from the 18th century to the present day.
- New Church Locations
- The Swedenborgian Church
· Sigstedt, Cyriel Sigrid (Ljungberg Odhner). (1952) The Swedenborg Epic: The Life and Works of Emanuel Swedenborg. Swedenborg Digital Library. http://www.swedenborgdigitallibrary.org/ES/epicfor.htm
Tafel, R.L. (1875-1877) Documents Concerning the Life and Character of Emanuel Swedenborg. Swedenborg Society. Two volumes, bound as three.
· Synnestvedt, Sig, ed. (1977) The Essential Swedenborg: Basic Religious Teachings of Emanuel Swedenborg. Swedenborg Foundation.
Other Excellent Sources
· Blom-Dahl, Christen . (2001) The Third Source. Swedenborg: A Physical and Metaphysical Revelation. http://www.theisticscience.org/blomdahl/Sweden.htm
· Taylor, Eugene. (1997) A Psychology of Spiritual Healing. Chrysalis Books.
· Academy Collection of Swedenborg Documents (ACSD). Swedenborg Library, Bryn Athyn College. All known documents, letters, memorials, etc., relating to the life of Emanuel Swedenborg. http://www.brynathyn.edu/Library/SwedenborgDocuments/